Dental bridges offer several benefits including:
- Restoring your confident smile
- Prevent existing teeth from moving or shifting out of alignment
- Prevent existing teeth from further damage and decay
- Allow you to speak and eat properly and without pain or discomfort
- Maintain the correct shape of your jaw and face
- Help avoid other issues caused by missing teeth
When you visit our office in Chattanooga, Dr. McOmie will begin by determining the type of bridge that is best for you. The traditional bridge is made of either porcelain fused to metal or ceramics and attaches to the adjoining teeth with a crown or implant and a pontic in between. Dr McOmie uses the most up to date materials. The days of seeing a grey, ugly margin are over. With new zirconium sub-structures no one else need ever know you have a bridge. At McOmie Family Dentistry all restorative bridges are cosmetic!
Caring for Your Dental Bridge
By following proper oral hygiene and attention, your new bridge should last for many years. While bridges require a bit more care than natural teeth in order to prevent decay, the expert team at McOmie Family Dentistry will educate you on properly how to care for and clean your bridge.