Dental bridges offer several benefits including:
- Restoring your smile, increasing your confidence
- Prevent existing teeth from moving or shifting out of alignment
- Prevent existing teeth from further damage and decay
- Allow you to speak and eat properly and without pain or discomfort
- Maintain the correct shape of your jaw and face
What Type of Bridge is Best?
When you visit our office in Chattanooga, Dr. McOmie will begin by determining the type of bridge that is best for you. The traditional bridge is made of either porcelain fused to metal or ceramics and attaches to the adjoining teeth with a crown. New zirconium sub-structures allow for metal-free, beautiful restorations. For longer span bridges implants can also be used as anchors for the bridge. All bridgework is custom, which lets the McOmies work with you to find just the right type of restoration.
Caring for Your Dental Bridge
By following good oral hygiene and proper care, your new bridge should last for many years. While bridges require a bit more care than natural teeth in order to prevent decay, the expert team at McOmie Family Dentistry will educate you on precisely how to care for and clean your bridge.