BRUSHING TWICE A DAY is important to keeping your smile healthy, but what can switching from a manual to an electric toothbrush do for your oral health routine?
Electric Toothbrushes Provide Many Benefits
While a manual toothbrush can get the job done if used properly, an electric toothbrush provides benefits that go beyond simply scrubbing your teeth.
They clean teeth more thoroughly. When we brush by hand, we average about 300 strokes per minute. Electric toothbrushes can average thousands or even tens of thousands of strokes per minute depending on what technology they employ.
They’re easier for those with dexterity issues. Certain conditions–such as arthritis, limited mobility, or involuntary tremors–can make brushing with a manual toothbrush difficult. The larger handles of electric toothbrushes can be easier to hold, while the powered toothbrush head does all the cleaning for you.
They help ensure you’re brushing properly. Many electric toothbrushes feature built-in timers and pressure sensors. These features help ensure you’re not too brushing too hard and that you brush for a full two minutes.
They clean hard to reach spots around braces. Some electric toothbrushes even have special attachments made specifically for cleaning around brackets and orthodontic appliances.
Why McOmie Family Dentistry Recommends An Electric Toothbrush To Our Patients
- We recommend a power toothbrush to anyone who wants the cleanest teeth possible.
- All of our patients with braces. Let’s face it brushing for teens and tweens is tough enough, then we add brackets and wires and expect them to keep their teeth clean? Give them every advantage and get an electric toothbrush.
- People with dexterity problems.
- Children just starting to brush on their own. If a child uses a power brush the brush has a 2 minute timer. It helps form the habit of brushing for 2 minutes twice a day!
- Some people just seem to build more plaque and tartar then other people. Are you one of these people? If you are you are in the group that will benefit the MOST from a power toothbrush.
One thing that has NEVER happened. We have never had a patient switch to an electric toothbrush and say they didn’t like it! So what do you have to loose. You deserve the best treat yourself to a power toothbrush and enjoy less scraping when you get your teeth cleaned.
Check out this video from Oral B it shows the advantages of an electric toothbrush
We Love Brightening Our Patients Smiles!
Electric toothbrushes aren’t just fancy gadgets—they can provide a host of significant benefits for your oral health.
Thank you for being part of our practice family. If you have any questions feel free to call Christy, Kristin or Scarlet, they are our hygienists, they have all the knowledge you need about brushing! 423-899-1112 We love helping our patients achieve happy, healthy smiles.
PRO TIP: A secret we can share with you! Sam’s Club and Costco have Sonicare Diamond clean brushes cheaper then we can buy them from Sonicare!